how the NDIS Works
What is the NDIS?
There are around 4.3 million Australians who have a disability. When it is fully rolled out, the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) will provide about 460,000 Australians aged under 65, who havepermanent and significant disability with funding for supports and services. For many people, it will be the first time they receive the disability support they need.
- National: The NDIS is being introduced progressively across all states and territories.
- Disability: The NDIS provides support to eligible people with intellectual, physical, sensory, cognitive and psychosocial disability. Early intervention supports can also be provided for eligible people with disability or children with developmental delay.
- Insurance: The NDIS gives all Australians peace of mind if they, their child or loved one is born with or acquires a permanent and significant disability, they will get the support they need.
- Scheme: The NDIS is not a welfare system. The NDIS is designed to help people get the support they need so their skills and independence improve over time.
NDIS Key Words
- Permanent and significant disability: A permanent disability means your disability is likely to be lifelong. A significant disability has a substantial impact on your ability to complete everyday activities.
- Supports and services: Assistance or products that help a person in their daily life and help them participate in the community and reach their goals.
- Early intervention: Providing support to a person, either a child or an adult, as early as possible to reduce the impacts of disability or developmental delay and to build their skills and independence.
Author: Adarsh Dutt
Subscribe to have updates delivered to your inbox in the future
Please see our Privacy Disclosure Statement for information on how we use, collect and disclose your personal information.
You Might Also Like
Book a discovery call
Got a Burning ?? Send us a message. Our experts Business advisors will get in touch for a FREE consultation.
Business of Future Test
A Comprehensive FREE assessment of your business by our expert strategic accountants & financial advisors
Finance & Loan
Tax Accountant Near Me
Our tax accounting services are nationwide and include Sydney CBD, Parramatta, Penrith, Kellyville, St Leonards, Zetland, Bankstown, Baulkham Hills, Auburn, Mascot, Leppington, Box Hill, Oran Park, Schofields NSW, Merrylands, Rouse Hill, Macquarie Park, Liverpool, Epping, and Lidcombe.
Certified Quickbooks Advanced ProAdvisor